Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives process improvements to key engineering and project management processes and workflows.
- Works with NPI project managers, functional managers, and engineers to understand inefficiencies in existing systems, develop creative ideas and charter projects for improvements.
- Participates in regular project management team and steering committee update meetings.
- Collaborates with counterparts at other Excelitas global sites to share best practices for engineering and project management.
- Serves as project manager for strategic R&D projects.
- Maintains a good understanding of the different engineering disciplines and job functions and how they interact.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, physics, or similar technical field.
- At least 2 years’ experience with engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with technical project management (PMP certification desirable).
- Highly organized and excellent communication skills.
- Experience with structured problem-solving (8D, DMAIC, etc.) desirable.
$85,000 - $102,000 per year, depending on experience.