Engineering Project Manager
If you offer project management within engineering, you may be interested in this Engineering Project Manager job position. Location is Swanzey, New Hampshire. This position reports to the Vice President of Research Development and Engineering (RD&E) and is responsible for managing key engineering projects, including coordinating and completing projects on time and within scope and budget. In this role, you will oversee all aspects of projects, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, holding team members accountable, motivating the team, and monitoring and summarizing the progress of projects.
What will you be doing?
- Coordinate internal and external resources for the flawless execution of projects
- Assist in defining projects scope and objectives, involving relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time and within scope and budget
- Ensure resource allocation and availability
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification technique
- Report and escalate to management as necessary
- Measure project performance using tools and applicable methods
- Perform risk management analysis to minimize projects risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with stakeholders to clarify specific requirements for each project
- Delegate project tasks based on strengths, skill set and experience levels
- Track performance progress; analyze short/long term project goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make necessary adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Continually develop leaderships skills
- Perform other related duties as assigned in accordance with overall job responsibilities.
What experience is needed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a project manager within engineering
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus, but not required
- Full project lifecycle project management
- Experience in R&D engineering is a plus
- Proven ability to complete projects as outlined in the scope and within the timeline and budget
- Solid organizational skills; including attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication, ability to articulate ideas and concepts, capable of positive influence)
- Utilize strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical partners at various levels
- Self-motivated leader that can motivate teams
- Maintain professionalism with all visitors and guests