Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- A primary responsibility will be to understand the aircraft design and ensure our flight simulation product matches the aircraft and meets contractual requirements.
- The project engineer will ensure that all functional areas within engineering are compliant to the technical requirements for each assigned project.
- Schedule and coordinate hardware and software integration phase.
- Command a clear understanding of Hardware and Software Integration (HSI) issues.
- Implement corrective measures for all HSI issues that are not compliant to requirements.
- Provide technical expertise during subjective and objective evaluations of training devices.
- Manage the resolution of all acceptance faults. Participate in installations and final sell off of training devices. Coordinate and review technical/operational deliverables prior to submission to customer. Responsible for training device from requirements to final acceptance.
- Customer Reviews (Author, coordinate, and lead presentations of formal reviews with customers as required by assigned project)
- Provide support for Program Managers on all technical matters. Act as the focal point for all customer technical matters. Provide hands on solutions to hardware and software problems.
- Participate in new business efforts, acting as technical lead when called upon. Duties associated with new business include:
- Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) cost estimate reviews - Firm Fixed Price cost estimate reviews - Technical Specification generation and reviews - Responses to Request for Proposal (RFP) - Technical supervision and assessment of sub-contracted efforts.
- May provide guidance to junior team members.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS or MSDegree in engineering
- Must have a minimum of 7 years work experience with 5 years in flight simulation.
- Applicant must demonstrate a detailed knowledge of flight simulator hardware and software technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Analytical math skills necessary to complete the required tasks.