Boise Cascade has been in the business of manufacturing wood products and distributing building materials for over half a century. Today we're one of the largest manufacturers of plywood and engineered wood products in North America – and the only wholesale stocking distributor for building products that can service the entire United States. Because our business is built on relationships, our employees are critical to our success. And we're committed to investing in them. That's why we offer a benefits package designed to have a positive impact on all areas of your life – from health and well-being, career and community, to financial security and personal safety. We call it, Total Rewards. Here's a look at what's included:
- Medical + Prescription Drug
- Dental + Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings
Manage all aspects of engineering projects from feasibility study through detail design, procurement, construction, start-up and post startup optimization. Responsible for developing, planning, and managing, the scope, budget, schedule, and execution of successful projects associated withwood processing. Defines roles and responsibilities, directs, and leads project team members, contractors and consultants. Act independently on technical matters related to engineering. Supply technical and supervisory expertise for capital projects. May manage AFE projects up to $40MM witha significant impact within the division. Projects can have well over 100 people on site at any given time for which the project manager is responsible. 50% or more travel required.
Essential functions include:
- 50% or more travel required.
- Incorporate safety into designs and processes to reduce injuries that occur during operation and maintenance.
- Plans and develops engineering projects involving exploration of subject, definition of scope, and selection of problems for investigation and development of concepts and approaches.
- Coordinate, lead, and facilitate project teams to ensure resources are used efficiently, and vendors, contractors and consultants are performing as required by Boise standards.
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with customers and stakeholders, including Mill and Region management, Division management and Engineering management to ensure they are aware of significant decisions and impacts related to system safety, operation, and performance, as well as project safety, scope, budget, and schedule.
- Determine, publish, and follow proper project scope to minimize the effect scope creep has on budget, schedule, and performance.
- Develop project budgets and schedules that are realistic and attainable. Complete the project as forecasted and in accordance with the AFE objectives.
- Consult on technical matters associated with engineering, design for capital projects, wood manufacturing process improvements, and infrastructure utility constraints.
- Performs exploratory research into new technology, processes and products and evaluates equipment being considered for installation.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer license required.
- Requires engineering analytical ability to evaluate structural, electrical, machine, thermal and fluid designs.
- Seven (7) years or more progressive experience in the wood products or related industry with emphasis in managing full spectrum of projectactivities.
- Requires advanced level of understanding in project management systems and techniques.
- Requires knowledge of applicable governmental, industry and insurance laws, codes and standards.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, 3D Solid Modeling Software (SolidWorks, Inventor), MS Office Suite, MS Project
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified.