You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic group at an exciting time in the lighting industry—learning from experiences and from one another; we are always seeking to develop new innovations and product concepts, discover new technologies and process improvement methods. Products and systems you develop are destined for use in exciting residential and commercial environments, providing concrete goals and a high degree of satisfaction when these goals are met.
- Lead a cross-functional product team, bringing together power electronics, embedded systems, mechanical engineering, and high-volume manufacturing to develop innovative lighting products
- Facilitate the design of maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets while leading a team of highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality software/hardware to the end user
- Architect efficient, scalable, and cost-effective systems upon which world-class lighting products can easily be built
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of your team via good design practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Engineering Physics with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent).
- At least 7 years of industry experience in Product Development.
- Strong technical depth and hand-on experience in at least one of these areas: Analog or Power Electronics, Mechanical Part Design, or Embedded Software Development.
- Strong working knowledge of good design techniques, problem solving and testing methods.
- 2 or more years of industry experience in Project Leadership or Program Management.
- Experience leading teams and managing engineers
- Excellent communication skills with all departments and disciplines.
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity.