We are currently seeking a Program Manager to drive significant programs within the PayPal Payments organization. Programs can span multiple teams, projects, geographic locations, time zones, deliverables, and involve complex technologies. The Program Manager in this role will be responsible for the end to end execution helping plan, execute, track and manage Business, Technology and external Partners.
The right candidate will have excellent experience in agile project management, change management and organizational dynamics.
Payments background is preferred.
• Project Planning & Execution: Overall responsible for project execution efforts across 3-10 software development, infrastructure and operations scrum teams each consisting of 8-10 people, and/or across teams that include product development groups.
o Ensure alignment of all teams (internal to PayPal, and external).
o Organize and lead release planning activities resulting in the creation of a release/project roadmaps.
o Manage appropriate Scrums or Scrum of Scrums sessions to establish interdependencies and eliminate significant roadblocks.
o Mitigate risks, remove impediments for the teams within the project as needed. Provide foresight to early identify project impediments. Address proper escalation to individuals/groups as needed.
o Manage major collective activities, issues and risks across teams.
o Lead project retrospectives and commitment to improvement on a regular cadence. Advocate the Agile management process and protocols
o Maintain awareness of cross product/project synergies and actively communicate opportunities to simplify or better align work across teams.
o Contributes to and demonstrates a solid understanding of project vision and roadmap
o Connect the dots – Big picture.
o Actively collaborate with leaders across the business and technology organization
o Follow Agile PDLC methodology.
• Business value: Ensure business goals are identified and agreed upon for the project. Quantitative KPIs with baseline and monthly targets are developed and measured for the project.
• Business context: Gain subject matter expertise of project, its business value, customer/merchant benefits and needs addressed, and deep dive into business and technical details.
o Develop stakeholder communication plan [emails and meetings].
o Ensure regular, active communication with adjacent projects and external stakeholders, including international regions.
o Lead effective project governance, stakeholder management, and communications ensuring that stakeholders have adequate understanding of timelines, resource needs, risks, contentions, and dependencies.
• Operational efficiency: Assess the current methodology, identify / rationalize gaps vs. best practices, and continuously improve the process.
• Data/Analytics: Ability to work closely with data, analytics, crunch numbers and develop comprehensive, cohesive reporting.
* 7-8 years of Program Management experience
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.