The PMO supports some of the most complex, cross-functional decisions and programs at Zoox. When needed, members of the PMO will roll up their sleeves and work hand-in-hand with engineering and operations to solve issues that arise.
We pride ourselves on our ability to take complexity and translate that into meaningful actions and high-quality, timely decisions. We have a strong track record of helping the organization execute more effectively across a number of different programs and initiatives. We do this through clear thinking, problem solving, implementing improved operational measures and influencing and coaching tactics.
- Work with department managers to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed product road maps, timelines, and deliverables
- Work with cross-functional teams and finance to define and then track resource requirements (headcount and budget)
- Ensure every team understands what they need to deliver at all times
- Define and manage process and regular meetings
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified and proactively ensure that risk mitigating actions are on-going within the engineering teams
- Track the completion of important items for key decisions to be made at each meeting to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks
- Support key decisions working cross-functionally across engineering, finance, and strategy to reach the right conclusions
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, program management, or management consulting
- Experience with hardware and/or software development and manufacturing processes
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts)
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Prior experience working with contract manufacturers (CMs)
- Ability to manage confidential information.