Engineering Program Manager - Test and Instrumentation
- Job Number: 113038090
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: Sep. 16, 2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
In this critical, highly visible role, you will manage projects involving the design, integration and launch of cutting-edge touch & sensor technologies for world-renowned Apple products including iPad, iPhone, and MacBook. You will play a key part in providing Apple customers with the best user-experience in the industry by driving the development and deployment of next-generation touch, optical and motion sensing technologies. The Touch & Sensing Technology team features a collaborative environment with creative, smart people and cutting edge technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and encouraged. Come, join us in crafting solutions the world doesn’t know of yet!
- Technical background (e.g. hardware development, instrumentation, test) with knowledge of touch and/or sensor technologies
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Great leadership skills and ability to inspire team members
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- Teamwork: the candidate must be able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities while fostering a collaborative environment
- Limited international travel will be required
Lead cross-functional teams including Electrical, Mechanical, Process and Software Engineering to deliver state-of-the-art instrumentation and test solutions Define the plan/schedule and manage instrumentation and test execution Deliver presentations and drive the decision-making process Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication Manage instrumentation and test development budgets and builds Effectively and consistently communicate overall status Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and issues quickly and efficiently Improve the system: look for patterns, offer best practices and implement change
Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience in a related discipline (e.g. EE, ME, etc.) required.