Engineering Program Manager - SOC
- Job Number: 43163434
- Austin, Texas, United States
- Posted: Sep. 14, 2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
As a Silicon Program Manager within the Hardware Silicon Engineering organization, you will be responsible for driving Silicon SOC program schedules and resolving technical issues that enable on-time silicon. This is an individual contributor role, helping manage the development process for SOC silicon used in next generation Apple products. Focus of this role is on initial phases of architecture, spec, design and pre-silicon prototyping to initial samples. Interaction and coordination w/ post silicon validation teams is also expected.
- Requires 10+ years of experience in SOC/VLSI Chip Design, ASIC Chip Design.
- 5+ Years Technical Program Management or Functional Management experience.
- Great leadership and communication skills (Executive communication)
- Experience working in a dynamic engineering environment, strong at multi-tasking, and real-time crisis management.
- Strong desire to own/drive project development using well defined metrics.
- Experience working with ASIC & VLSI design flows, and managing silicon projects from concept to production.
•Responsible for daily and long-term project management tasks. •Drive internal program process to guarantee high quality definition. •Support high level milestone execution in a fast-paced design team. •Interface and drive silicon issues within cross-functional teams: Design, Verification, Validation, Technology, System Hardware and Core Software. •Focus design teams on meeting near term milestones and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the right cross-functional technical expert(s) to resolve the issues with data based decision making. •Manage dependencies across various programs, functional teams and sites •Coordination and management w/ other organizations (Systems, SW, Ops) •Attend and drive technical sessions with suppliers/design partners to track & follow up issues/escalations. •Disciplined issue reporting, metrics tracking, and communication of risks & status. •Effective post-mortem learning and improvement over time