We live in a mobile world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. Apple Maps is a product used by millions of people every day. It presents users with a simple and easy-to-use experience on an incredible amount of complexity. If you are passionate about creating excellent user experiences, making complex things simple and usable, and building a product that will make an impact around the world, this may be the place for you. We work hard and have fun doing it, put partnership above individual glory, and place high value on the relationships you build with your teams, we want to meet you. The position is based in Sunnyvale, CA.
- 5+ years in engineering environment across project/program/product management
- Strong belief in user values and translating into features
- Ability to think at a strategic as well as tactical level, turning strategy into reality
- Drive development of content strategy & projects, thinking E2E and defining/refining requirements
- Drive process development, working cross functionally to deliver on content projects
- Strong familiarity with software development life cycles and continuous integration across
- Ability to challenge assumptions and brainstorming options to arrive at the best solutions
- Excellent PM skills - clear verbal & written communication
- Experience evangelizing, motivating & guiding teams to success
We are looking for program managers who can thrive in a dynamic workplace where both individual drive and team collaboration are the keys to success. You drive all aspects of the software development process from requirements analysis & architectural design to software engineering development, QA, and deployment readiness. You act as a partner with each team and drive the execution of features and systems on which they work. You will focus on large and complex data driven systems and you make decisions which keep in mind what is best for the group, organization, and the company. You will facilitate resolution of conflicts between equally passionate groups given these perspectives and pursue the solution until its end. You will understand complicated systems and subtle interdependencies, but also evaluate new requests and new information in light of how it affects or is affected by those systems. You think and act quickly as is the ability to productively debate the validity of a given approach to any aspect of a project under your control. You have strong communication skills and accept responsibility and ownership with open arms. You are a person who can dive right into a problem and get it resolved without having to be asked to do. Remember, you will running a system that serves the passions and needs of millions of customers, so we're looking for somebody who can be equally passionate.
BS/MS CS/EE or equivalent experience
Prior experience in map-based or location based services is a plus Experience with large, complex multi-functional engineering projects.