BOMBARDIER At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel. In your role, you will:
- Closely interface with stress, systems, interiors and support functions such as thermodynamics, mass properties, etc.
- Review structural and systems layouts, installations, assembly and detail drawings
- Manage design changes through all the cycles of the change management process
- Provide technical solutions to resolve design or manufacturing issues
- Generate and execute weight savings ideas
- Supply input to impact analysis (technical, cost, schedule)
- Support directly other engineering and operations departments
- Support design and program reviews with partner/suppliers
- Provide status for project and functional management
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a technologist or bachelor degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering or aerospace technical field plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in aerospace or related industry
- The successful candidate must possess a strong knowledge of aircraft structures and/or systems installation: configuration, preliminary sizing, design for manufacturing, detail design (sheet metal, machined parts, piping, component assembly), certification requirements, weight control and industry design standards
- Knowledge of CATIA V4 / V5, Enovia and MS Office is required.
- This position requires an energetic person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a high sense of commitment, who is willing to accept responsibilities and act independently in a high-pressure partner/supplier team
- You have strong French and English written/verbal communication skills.