At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel. In your role, you will:
- You will be responsible for the Product Structure Management within the Global 7500 Program for Interiors and Completions Engineering.
- Create and maintain the top levels of a configured product structure from the design phase through certification and transitioning to a sustaining program.
- Participate in the organization of the completions product structure to optimize Engineering packages with all available customer options.
- Participate in the maintenance of the Options Catalog.
- Configure the engineering packages in the PLM system and create AC specific product structures.
- Work with the Customer Interfacing Team to create project specific Options listings.
- Create the Customer Configuration Lists defining all engineering packages required to meet selected options and create Top-Level AC specific engineering lists.
- Maintain and define rules controlling the applicability of the Engineering packages in relation to Customer options. Program these rules in the VSpec Customer Definition Software.
- Bear responsibility for the control, health and quality of the Aircraft Interiors configured product structures.
- Keep an oversight over the product changes and maintain the product structure.
- Support the Completions Engineering groups at different development and customer aircraft definition milestones as needed.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education.
- You have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in design, product configuration management.
- You possess strong knowledge and technical expertise of product structure configuration within a PDM/PLM tool is essential.
- You have knowledge of aerospace industry best practices.
- You are proficient with ENOVIA VPLM V5 product suite, especially with the product configuration workbenches.
- You have knowledge of Business Aircraft Completions.
- You have experience on CATIA V5, experience with Knowledge Based Engineering (KBE) is an asset
- You have experience with SAP & eProduct.
- You have experience in pulling together the efforts of varied groups with different objectives and mindsets towards a common objective.
- You resourceful in identifying and removing roadblocks and looking for creative ways to overcome challenges, and can maintain a strong adherence to the Program long-term vision.
- You are motivated by challenges and a drive for results, bringing a proven track record of success
- You have good communication and technical report writing skills - able to clearly and concisely convey information and vulgarize technical subjects.
- You are Bilingual (French and English), oral and written is an asset.
- You would be available to work on a Tuesday to Saturday schedule if required.
- You have a sense of teamwork, the ability to work with minimal supervision, the ability to work in a dynamic environment, you are mobile (Montreal) and you are able to make decisions autonomously.