The Home Building Group is actively searching for an Engineering Product Manager to join the team in Maryville, TN.
The Engineering Product Manager will work alongside the Homebuilding Facilities and Retailers to evaluate and complete projects that improve the home building process. They will manage and develop the implementation of new designs, materials, equipment, and products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development, maintenance, communication, and training of Modular Systems Manuals
- Subject matter expert for building code-related questions and interpretations
- Home Building Facility and Retailer Coordination for training, communication, and implementation of new products, materials, and equipment used at home building facilities
- Support Home building facility requests for assistance with research, troubleshooting, code interpretations, retailer questions, installation problems, building inspector questions, and homeowner complaints
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competency Requirements:
- Ability to analyze/evaluate new products & materials for code compliance and production feasibility
- Project Management
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written and technical presentations.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills. Ability to research, assess and understand complex issues/problems/risks, develop effective solutions and drive timely resolutions. Data-driven decision making.
- Travel: Ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required, Master's a plus
- 5+ Years of experience in engineering or project management
- General understanding of building science
- Knowledge of Modular home construction, the IRC, HUD Code for manufactured home construction, AutoCAD software, and HVAC design
- Ability to become ICC Certified.