General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Product Line Finance Manager in Poway, CA. The position is responsible for Financial Management through leadership, guidance and direction ensuring quality and timeliness of financial information to support business unit leadership decision making, forecasting/budgeting and reporting. A successful team member must be adaptable and flexible to constant changing business requirements in both a technical and non-technical environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide financial leadership, guidance and strategy operating as a business partner and trusted advisor to the Engineering Leadership team.
- Directly responsible for all Engineering financial matters, including providing sound financial advice, proactively identifying business issues and driving resolution in a timely manner.
- Fiscal responsibility for all aspects of Engineering base labor projections, overhead rate management, proposal support, contract performance, and budget baselines.
- Proactively work to understand and close gaps between business plans and resource plans.
- Monitor/update controls and procedures to ensure quality and reliability of financial information and reporting.
- Support the Financial Services team in developing annual plans, updates, forward pricing rate proposal, monthly reporting requirements, and other requirements.
- Engage in pricing and proposal activities; to include participating in pricing strategy, bid reviews, negotiation support and incorporation of proposal financial risk & opportunities.
- Provide financial insight to non-finance managers, including potential actions for recovery to plans.
- Review and challenge where appropriate program Estimates at Completion and provide insight into risk and impact of these estimates.
- Perform investment analysis and modeling to include ROI calculations on Capital and Independent Research and Development.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline and 9 or more years of progressively complex experience in finance/accounting with at least five of those years in management. Must have experience in or government contractor environment. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- An MBA in business or related field, CPA or CMA certification, and/or experience negotiating accounting issues with government agencies is highly desirable.
- Must demonstrate a detailed application of industry and government finance/accounting management principles and practices as well as comprehensive finance/accounting leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must be able to resolve complex management and finance/accounting problems; serve as spokesperson on projects and/or programs; and be an expert in one or more finance/accounting management areas. Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.