The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. Space values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin Space in Sunnyvale, CA has an excellent senior level Engineering Planner opportunity to work within the Special Programs organization. Special Programs has an excellent track record of stable programs with highly evolving technical requirements that drives subcontract changes on a regular basis. Special Programs has developed a significant number of future leaders with a wide variety of engagement programs and challenging work to develop individual potential. Come! Join our Program Planning team. We look forward to the value your skills and experience will bring!
In this Engineering Planner role you will support engineering planning by participating on the program engineering development team. Responsibilities will include:
• Advise on best practices
• Reporting status to the Engineering Support Group (ESG)
• Provide on the job training (OJT) on Enterprise Product Data Management, Parts/Materials/Processes, Enterprise Resource Planning (EPDM/PMP/ERP) to engineering and management on a one on one basis.
• Create engineering release schedules
• Manage Demand Management Process
• Track parts through the system
• Write/revise processes and be able to identify areas in need of a written process
• Resolve proposal preparation problems and assesses the progress against established plans and parameters
• Support and participate in negotiations with customer
• Analyzes effects of projects upon various areas such as Engineering, Facilities, and the labor pool to determine the most practical and cost-efficient methods to obtain the required resources
• Formulate and recommend corrective action measures such as schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, fund allocations, and work requirements
This position requires strong communication skills, both verbal and a demonstrated capability to write clear, precise procedures. Experience in Enterprise Resource Management (ERM) is also required. If selected, you must have or be able to obtain a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) access, which requires and extensive background investigation.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 13 - 20 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin.
• 10-15 years of experience in a Manufacturing /Engineering /Supply Chain Management environment
• Enterprise Resource Management (ERM) experience
• Requires strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be a United States Citizen
• Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI w/ Poly clearance
• Bachelors degree preferred
• Experience in the Demand Management Process (heritage PAMSCO -- Program Article Master Schedule Committee -- experience preferred), Engineering Planning and/or Engineering Processes
• Process writing experience, resource planning, critical skills assessment, and earned value implementation/support
• Experience with related tools (Microsoft Project, EPDM, PMP, ERP)
• Thorough understanding of and experience in the release strategy process in ERP and knowledge of EPDM and PMP
• Green Belt certified
• Active TS/SCI w/ Poly
• Ability to coordinate & prioritize multiple tasks
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Program Planning Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First
Job ID: 460750BR
Date posted: Nov. 14, 2018