The Engineering Operations Manager will lead the planning, design, and execution of the engineering operations function of KAGR technology platform. This role will work with the Site Reliability, QA, Analytics, BI and Client teams to achieve success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Platform Operations Support
- Design, plan and implement KAGR’s engineering production support and operations system
- Develop and maintain automated error triage pipelines
- Monitor and report relevant KPIs to technical leadership
- Automate ability to identify data issues, and proactively address them
- Monitor pipeline performance and design error handling
- Identify System Improvement opportunities
- Provide feedback to engineering team and help build automation of the parts of the platform to monitor the technology platform
- Track trends of system issues and elevate consistent challenges
- Identify ways to improve existing processes
- Management & Communication
- Define team structure, hire, and manage engineers
- Build out and document department function & processes
- Effectively communicate issue-handling with leadership
- Lead multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Additional projects and assignments as directed
This position has supervisory responsibilities, 1 FTE.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 5-7 years of experienceworking with data using SQL or similar technology
- 4+ years of experience using a data integration platform, such as Snaplogic, SSIS, or Informatica
- Strong understanding of data warehousing principles and methodologies
- Experience writing to and reading from product APIs
- Ability to lead multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills to all levels of technical expertise
- Very high attention to detail
- Familiarity with BI Visualization tools
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Fast paced office environment
- Ability to work nights and weekends as business dictates.