- Lead an Agile team of 3-6 developers, QA engineers, UX designer and product manager
- Keep your coding skills sharp. 50% of your time will be design, coding, testing and running the systems.
- Work with product management and stakeholders to define a product backlog.
- Lead and conduct Scrum ceremonies -- planning, grooming, reviews and retrospectives.
- Manage the performance of your team members, coaching and mentoring them to further their careers.
- Contribute to the technical and process innovation of the Engineering department.
- Collaborate with other development teams and cross functional groups.
- Recruit highly talented engineers for Web, conducting phone screens and on site interviews.
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Keen listening skills & ability to motivate others.
- 4+ years of software development background and 1+ years of leadership experience
- Excellent coding, design and architecture skills. Software that is reliable, testable and maintainable should be what you do by default.
- You enjoy writing software and take pride in what you build.
- Having programmed in Java will help you get going faster, but your primary languages aren't as important as being an effective programmer.
- SQL proficiency is a plus.
- BA/BS or above from a Computer Science program preferred.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Flexible work hours and a tenure-based remote work policy
- Open PTO Plan
- The gear and tools you need to be at your most productive
- Quiet areas for Getting Things Done, and minimal meetings
- Reimbursement for learning materials and an allowance for attending technical conferences
- Experienced product and engineering leadership that make your professional development a priority
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Festival-related perks