The Engineering Manager will lead a team of six to ten electrical, mechanical and software engineers in planning and executing the development of Horton Automatic’s product portfolio in support of company strategy and the voice of the customer.
- Drive new product development in support of key target market growth initiatives.
- Partner with a multi-discipline new product development team to design for quality and design for manufacturability.
- Define project scopes, objectives, and milestones, timelines and budgets for engineering projects and manage project execution.
- Lead the product engineering team and partner with technical communications team to ensure new product launch readiness and portfolio continuous improvement.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and supervision to department.
- Identify and adopt modern engineering tools, technologies and processes.
- Establish and maintain documentation system to meet or exceed ISO requirements.
- Provide expert advice to legal and technical customer service in product complaints, technology or product matters involved in product liability litigation.
- Research new and existing technologies for applications to our products to enhance operational performance and reliability.
- Manage new product design projects and develop ways to implement changes in our products.
- Compile technical data and information for Distributors to use for project submittals.
- Maintain knowledge of construction projects details such as tolerances, coordination with other trades, building codes, and general project management.
- Assist the sales team with technical details required in quoting new project.
- Meet with customers and architects and attend trade shows to better understand customer perspectives and emerging needs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field.
- 2 years or more of Department or Project Managementexperience is desired
- Evidence of strong decision-making skills supported by detail analysis and investigation with solutions requiring original thinking.
- Ability to see the big picture and technical knowledge along with the ability to project manage, multi-task and work well within a team.
- Operate as a member of cross-functional teams involved at every stage of design and development in collaboration with colleagues in other engineering functions as well as production, research, marketing and after-sales service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Solid Works.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) to support a team environment.
- Excellent leadership coupled with high energy and drive.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to execute and meet deadlines.
- Able to travel anywhere by any means.
- Perform well under stress and have the ability to multitask.
- Ability to use power tools, drill presses, band saw, hand tools, calipers, torque wrench, etc.
- Passion for product development.
- Willingness and ability to work long hours.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering is required