The User Security team secures the front-door of Stripe. With the ever-growing adoption of Stripe, it's even more important that our merchants trust us to secure their accounts. Our User Security team builds customer-facing products that increase the overall security for Stripe's merchant accounts. The team makes strategic decisions by analyzing threats on the "deep web" & customer feedback. They are challenged daily with creating great user experiences on top of building enterprise-grade login security & access controls.We're looking for an experienced manager to lead this team and help advance the state-of-the-art and user experience in user security.
- Work with engineering, user ops, security, and product leaders at Stripe to guide our approach to user security from a technical, product, and operational perspective
- Maintain and improve defensive systems that prevent password testing, account enumeration, and other attack vectors on Merchant accounts.
- Manage team processes including escalations & on call for the engineering team.
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical productivity and quality
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe's recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe's engineering management team
You may be a fit if:
- You are opinionated about login workflows.
- You've operated a traffic scoring system.
- You've managed teams that shipped and operated critical infrastructure
- You are experienced with integrating external APIs and building internal APIs
- You've successfully recruited great teammates
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across Stripe's organization, including Product, Engineering, and User Ops
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of engineering management experience