Purpose of Job
IMPORTANT: Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
**Note: this is not for a current opening but intended to review candidates for anticipated opportunities in the near future. **
Manages one or more analytical, business or technical support activities. Authorizes and influences the development and delivery of business solutions that enable optimal business performance. Provides and is accountable for technical leadership in the plan, design, development, testing, implementation, or maintenance of business solutions. Leads and directs change management, process improvement, or technical support initiatives. Provides direction and analytical support and directs business plan development to execute initiatives. Advises senior management and provides high level consulting. This position is typically responsible for managing a team of employees engaged in one functional activity.
We are seeking a talented IT Technical Manager for our Phoenix, AZ, San Antonio, TX, or Plano, TX facilities.
- HUMAN RESOURCES: First level people management responsibilities include hiring, termination, performance management and pay management. Provides formal and informal training and coaching to team in expected behaviors and activities. Monitors and tracks progression of unit goals and objectives. Directs quality work efforts, team assignments and problem resolution.
- DOMAIN: Operational Management (Day-to-Day): Accountable for the day-to-day operation of technical domain. Engages and involves all necessary USAA teams as appropriate. Regularly identifies, monitors and evaluates key metrics to ensure health and progress within respective domains. Anticipates and responds appropriately to new demands, priorities, challenges, or obstacles. Defines and articulates a clear role and direction for own work unit, consistent with the organization's mission, strategy and direction. Collaborates with executives and/or senior directors with defining organizational goals and strategic plans.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Each manager is expected to manage and forecast unit level expenses which may include department allocations, Product/Component, 3rd Party, project/program, software and vendor expenses.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Effectively manages relationships with customer and supporting teams (e.g., CIOs, Infrastructure, OPS, Change and Release) during execution of unit responsibilities. Communicates appropriately with teams, customers, and peers through all communication channels. Follows up on critical issues in a timely manner.
- VENDOR RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Manages and leverages the relationship with 3rd Party vendors to ensure achievement of domain objectives. May be responsible for vendor management activities including service agreements, staff augmentation and technology contracts.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience supporting technology projects in an application development environment, plus 3+ years as a manager in technology environment to include experience leading a team, program, division, department or larger organization with Agile Methodology transformations.
- Bachelor’s degree or 6 years of experience in an analytical or technology support function in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years leading portfolios and programs to greater agility by utilizing engineering practices around CICD.
- Experience with an industry Agile Framework (like SAFe or Lean) as a Product Manager or Release Train Engineer.
- At least 2 years of hands-on working experience with a 3rd generation programming language (3GL) like Java, C++ or COBOL.
- 4+ years of Financial Services experience.
Job Number: R0012944