TrendKite is transforming the way the world views earned media - and we’re making life better for PR professionals in the process. Our platform harnesses big data and analytics to easily measure the impact news coverage has on a brand’s reputation, website traffic, and business goals. As a venture backed, high traction startup, we’re disrupting a huge existing market while helping companies like Nike, Google, Delta, SXSW and hundreds more turn PR coverage into real business impact.
Our Culture:The TrendKite team is smart, passionate, and loves the hands-on hard work it takes to build a great company. As a company, we work hard, play hard, and do everything we can to make our customers wildly successful. We're a motivated group with a passion for start-ups and the wild but rewarding ride they entail. Enjoy doing stuff outside of the office?Us too! We celebrate our successes outside of work and take care of our people with solid benefits.
What you'll do at TrendKite:
- You will lead a small team of software engineers focused on the backend services and data processes that power the TrendKite platform. Your priorities will be first to ensure the success, growth, and engagement of the engineers on your team and, second, to drive the timely delivery of high-value, well-tested features to production.
What you love doing:
- Leading software engineering teams
- Recruiting, building, and growing engineering teams
- Mentoring team members both technically and professionally
- Working in close collaboration with Product Management
The things you should have:
- 3 years in an Engineering Management role with a team of at least five
- 5 years of professional software development experience
- Clear ability to balance business priorities with technical constraints
- Experience leading a team using agile process (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent self study