ISR/Leave Job DescriptionCollins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position manages a large team of both experienced professionals and team leaders in Project Engineering. Monitors project plans, schedules and budgets, and all aspects of an engineering project and programs. Sets priorities, allocates tasks, identifies and reacts to complex project problems, and recommends solutions. Acts as a primary contact with key customer.
• Monitors project plans, schedules, and budgets for projects. Identifies, develops, and gathers necessary resources to ensure project completion.
• Manages all aspects of an engineering project and programs. Allocates resources, drives strategic planning, and assigns tasks to ensure business targets are met.
• Directs the work of employees assigned on complex projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
• Conducts project meetings and prepares reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team.
• Sets priorities, allocates tasks, and supervises project staff to meet project targets, budgets, and milestones.
• Identifies and reacts to complex project problems and recommends solutions, such as reallocating resources, and assisting resolution development.
• Acts as a primary contact with key customers and develops professional relationship with customers and understands their needs to meet demands within the contracted scope.
• Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
• Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
• Liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management.
• Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
• Reviews project and budget status, manages schedules and prepares reports.
• Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Represents UTC as the primary customer contact for projects.
• Directs the work of employees assigned on projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
• Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated masterschedules for project(s).
• Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage