Sirius Technical Services is hiring an Engineering Manager for a direct opportunity in Starkville, MS.
* Provides leadership & direction for all plant safety initiatives including but not limited to: OSHA requirements, NEC codes, NFPA/FM Global fire protection issues, equipment guarding, auditing functions, plantwide safety policy developments, monitoring/enforcement issues, establishes 5S and housekeeping standards for all manufacturing environments.
* Organizes, plans, and manages all plant engineering/maintenance (preventive, predictive, and proactive) activities in a continuous improvement environment.
* Administers multiple budgets with considerations for compliance, timeliness, accuracy, and accounting requirements.
* Identifies, defines and resolves equipment related problems and all maintenance issues
* Establishes energy targets, budgets, and conservation efforts.
* Develops all company internal/external policies and procedures to be used for engineering maintenance guidelines with a high priority on safety, quality and environment.
* Point person for new projects and data analysis.
* Provide leadership for solving all tire manufacturing problems * focus is on multi-functional problem solving team efforts.
* Responsible for all facility utilities including electrical distribution systems, steam, condensate, air compressors, vacuum generators, cooling towers, and water systems.
* Develop engineering and maintenance organizational structure capable of meeting all goals for tire production and customer quality requirements.
* Directs activities to evaluate OEM designs and performance of new products * then modify existing designs, improve production reliability, develop procedures and processes to maximize capabilities.
* Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to recruit and maintain a viable organization capable of meeting all manufacturing requirements. Includes succession plan.
* Initiates cost reduction proposals from other sources, compiles appropriate information, makes recommendations for action, and checks on results obtained.
* Proposes and controls department budget, forecasts operating costs of department, & directs preparation of budget requests.
* Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects.
* Provide plantwide leadership, mentoring, and coaching to develop truck tire manufacturing knowledge throughout the organization.
* BS in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred with a minimum 10 years of tire/rubber experience within a plant engineering environment OR a combination of technical degree, experience, and advanced degree - MBA desirable.
* Excellent leadership, mentoring, coaching, time management, and organizational development skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both oral and written
* Highly motivated with the ability to motivate others * can multi-task on diverse projects simultaneously
* Able to form strong partnerships with all stake-holders creating a sense of urgency to achieve organizational goals
* Team player * organized, detail oriented, driven to succeed
* Strong working knowledge of ISO 9001 & TS 16949 & ISO 14001