We’re looking for an engineering manager to join our team. The ideal candidate fully understands how digital agencies function and has worked at an agency as an engineering manager.
At our agency, we provide both strategy and software services to our customers. We’re looking for a full time diversity hire with the following skills.
- Mongo / SQLite / PostGreSQL
- AWS, CI, Git
Skills aligned with the following.
- Must know how to staff projects and perform forecast-driven resourcing
- Must know how to run reports and look at numbers that describe the health of the department and running projects
- Must be experienced with recruiting desirable candidates for the team and has experience with handling terminations
- Must be fully versed in agile / scrum / kanban / waterfall methodologies and clearly know how to look into projects and coach them through completion.
- Must know how to collaborate with the PMO, designers, experience, production artistry, content, marketing strategy, and user research teams
- Must be a data-driven decision-maker, not a vacillator
- Must coach team members according to a career model
- Must receive and operate on feedback from HR
- Must know Jira like a champ
- Should know how to coach the QA discipline
- Should be comfortable with being customer facing when necessary in order to support the sales team
- Should be a technology nerd
- Should know why the user comes first and why a data model is important
- Could be a former technologist or coder who knows how to operationalize Uncle Bob
- Won’t perform delivery work