About the job:
At Taulia, engineering managers are the pillars of our engineering culture. As an engineering manager, you will guide your team through excellent, in depth technical leadership, effective coaching and mentoring, precise project management and execution as well as open and honest cross-team collaboration to reach new levels that exceed our customer expectations.
This is a highly visible opportunity in our working capital supply chain financing platform that requires both, an excellent ability to manage all aspects of a team and its roadmap as well as strong hands-on attitude to support the technical decision making and help your team whenever guidance is needed - for both excellent interpersonal and communication skills are fundamental to your success in that role. You will oversee all aspects of software development and architecture on your team, starting with breaking down the requirements into executable development units, the actual software implementation, architecture and framework evaluation, mentoring, recruiting, and application support all the way to our production environment. You will help your team members to reach their development goals and develop sustainable relationships across the entire organization.
Taulia is looking for an engineering manager who:
- Is excited to lead a high-velocity team in an agile startup environment with a solid sense of ownership.
- Is able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and can convey the communication transparently to the team.
- Is able to organize the workload of the team and able to break down vague requirements into executable units of work.
- Is willing to contribute hands on writing elegant, maintainable, reusable code in Groovy and Java using our tools Gradle, Spring, Spring Boot, Jersey and more.
- Is ready to step up to do whatever is necessary, at all tiers, to scale our global cloud platform without waiting for assignments.
- Has a strong affinity to improve productivity and wants to protect the achievement.
- Is always looking for new and better ways of doing things - continuous integration, test automation and deployment are second nature to you.
- Keeps things realistic. Solve challenging problems and – more importantly – help avoid them.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- 8+ years of software development experience on large scale applications, high-volume SaaS applications.
- 2+ years of experience leading development teams successfully.
- Experience with distributed transactions in financial and supply chain management systems with a proven track record of building and deploying these applications in the cloud.
- Experience developing low-latency, scalable microservices and APIs but at the same time a good understanding of UI technologies that help exposing those API's to the end user.
- Strong background working with large dataset and event-based systems.
- Proficient writing Java code, and good working knowledge in at least one more object-oriented programming language.
- Proficient working with relational databases and NoSQL technologies like Cassandra & Redis.
- Experience with TDD methodologies and good understanding of development lifecycle in an agile environment.
- Comfortable being on-call to support the applications you own all the way to production.
Nice to Have:
- You've used our tools: Groovy, Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, Jersey, Spring, Spring Boot, Apache Camel, Hibernate, ActiveMQ, Jenkins.
- Experience building Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or other financial software.
What will get you noticed:
- Experience leading and growing a team with a certain level of uncertainty when it comes to product requirements.
- Experience as a scrum master or having worked in a similar agile role.
- Experience mentoring and coaching team members to help them grow their careers.
- Experience with resource allocation and organizational capacity planning.
- Experience with capacity and performance optimization using data caching techniques.
- Experience with event/messaging based architecture using Kafka/ActiveMQ.
- Expert knowledge in transaction handling and database optimization.
- Experience writing high-performance algorithms.
- Experience with BPM Workflow Engines.
- Passion for open source projects.