Candidate must have:
- Extensive automotive background experience (tier one preferred)
- The ability to learn our equipment/processes QUICKLY
- experience with reporting improvements to the P&L
- the skillset to hit the ground running within our facility
- emotional intelligence
This position is responsible for all the production/process/program engineering of all plant equipment and machinery. This will include pre-launch, launch, and post launch requirements. Must be self-motivated and willing to take necessary action to assist production and provide guidance on engineering related issues. Must be able to make judgment calls for problem solving involving plant production equipment. Must be able to make decisions on handling engineering change work in house or using outsourcing. Must be able understand product specifications and communicate with customers regarding engineering specifications.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities •
- Oversee new tooling installation and trial, including planning and scheduling. • Ensure product workability including 4Ms. •
- Ensure all product drawings to ensure compliance with specifications, including establishment of processes to support compliance. •
- Enforce efforts to reduce costs and improve work efficiency. • Communicate with other departments regarding engineering related issues. •
- Act as troubleshooter to resolve problems. •
- Encourage and lead continuous improvement efforts. •
- Provide engineering solutions to plant process or product problems. •
- Stay abreast of technical developments in process engineering arena. •
- Develop budget for production engineering solutions and manning, including launch phases. Provide justifications for budgetary decisions including capital. •
- Make determinations on the use of outsourcing activities - both process and product. • Supports sales department in quotations. •
- Provides assistance to maintenance crew on technical issues. •
- Supports project leaders and program engineers in process of engineering events through mass production. •
- Carries out supervisory/management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and acceptable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities •
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by the Vice President & General Manager.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers. • Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions •
- Excellent people skills: The ability to interact professionally with employees, customers and suppliers at all levels.
- Must have the ability to interact with both Japanese and Americans. •
- The ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; and work well in group problem solving. •
- Develop project plans; coordinate projects; communicate changes and progress; complete projects on time and budget; manage project team activities. •
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Must be able to read all product drawings and plant layouts.
- Must be able to understand IT related environment.
- Must be able to navigate CAD systems. •
- Demonstrate group and individual presentation skills; actively participate in meetings, including high level customer, supplier, and business leader meetings. •
- The ability to write legibly and logically to communicate with both internal and external customers.
- This includes high level customer, supplier, and business leader communications.
Education & Experience Required •
- BS or BA in Engineering •
- 10 years experience in a related field •
- 5 years’ management of technical personnel Personnel Supervised • Production Engineers • Senior Production Engineers • Program Engineers • Associate Engineers • Business systems analysts
- Comments Candidate must be able to handle confidential data. Travel required.