The Search team is responsible for a large fraction of the Guest journey: we help guests explore our homes marketplace, we guide guests through the booking flow by serving personalized content and the most relevant listings, and we help them nail down the best home for their trip. We are responsible for the homes search ranking, results pages, listing detail pages, and wishlists. Our product development is highly data-driven, making extensive use of A/B experiments and data science to drive decision-making.
As the Engineering Manager of the Search Refine team, you will lead a world class team of engineers in carrying out this mission.
For this role, we value Engineering Managers who have:
- 4+ hands-on technical management experience
- 8+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Background in both front-end and back-end engineering, including high performance server-side code
- Extensive experience with A/B experimentation and data/metric-driven product development.Actively coached and mentored engineers and managers in their careers
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Bonus: Experience in setting data product strategy
- Bonus: Passion for working with data at scale and empowering organizations through data
- Bonus: Proven track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Bonus: Independently started self-sustaining teams
- Bonus: Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering