CM Group has the Martech industry’s largest family of email and multichannel marketing products with 70,000+ customers and 180+ billion emails sent annually. We allow our clients to scale across brands as they grow, identifying the right solutions at every step of their journey. Bringing together a diverse group of email marketing platforms under a single umbrella, CM Group is able to offer solutions that meet the needs of every marketer. Initially, our family included Campaign Monitor, Delivra, and Emma, but we have since become home to Liveclicker, Sailthru, Selligent, and Vuture. Our vision is to be the most respected, fastest growing family of marketing technology brands in the world. We have teams all over the globe - from NYC to San Francisco, from London to New Zealand - all working together to make our vision a reality.
Sailthru is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a team working on our email platform, working hands-on and leading and managing a team of engineers as they work on our email platform. We’re looking for someone that not only has a strong technical background, but has strong opinions on how to build great-looking, easy to use products. You’ll also be a key member of our technology leadership team, helping to improve the culture of the engineering team overall.
What You'll Do:
- You will be part of the technology leadership team, helping to shape company policy, best practices, and set precedents for a 50 person engineering organization.
- You’ll work across frontend and backend tech stacks on an Agile, product-aligned Sprint team to design, build, and maintain our email platform. You’ll partner with our product management and UX teams to build a powerful, yet easy to use platform for email marketers.
- You’ll own the technology strategy and long term technical roadmap for your part of the platform, working with product to find the right balance of features and tech debt.
- You’ll be responsible for the long-term career growth and day-to-day feedback of your team members. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that your team processes are efficient and add value, and for creating a great engineering culture.
- Use a variety of technologies including React, Java, Kafka, Kubernetes, Mongo and more to accomplish your goals. Draw upon your previous experience to help us make the right technology decisions.
- Contribute to education, documentation and support for the broader Sailthru organization, including interfacing with our Support and Customer Success teams.
- Use your expertise and experience to help make technical improvements and to establish best practices across the engineering organization.
- You’re someone who loves technology and cares deeply about the products you build and the customers who use them.
- 2+ years of management experience, providing teams with day-to-day feedback, conducting formal performance reviews, and assisting in their long-term career growth
- You have 5+ years experience building quality, production-grade software through best practices, proven design patterns, and great teamwork.
- Experience with modern frontend technologies and frameworks, especially React and Angular, is a plus.
- Experience with Java, PHP, and Mongo is a large plus.
- Experience with AWS, microservices, and data streaming architectures a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Open Time Away
- Paid parental leave