At Cruise, we believe in managers who remain deeply technical and understand the challenges their teams are facing. Our managers coach their teams to success, shield their teams from distractions, and help publicly celebrate wins.
What you'll be doing:
- Effectively drive engineering by distilling complex analysis into actionable reports
- Manage and improve field issue analysis for all AV behavioral reports
- Scale analysis coverage and quality with automation, tooling and engineering partnerships
- Build systems to continuously improve the skill set and AV knowledge of the team
- Align priorities with many cross functional stakeholders (TPMs, Engineering, Legal, Data Science, Data analytics, Ground Truth and Executive Leadership)
- Effectively present data driven analysis to executive leadership
- Work with Engineering Director(s) and Technical Program Managers to create and execute on a roadmap for your team
- Conduct performance reviews, identify top performers, and support their growth into Technical Leadership or Engineering Management roles
- Foster a healthy, collaborative culture and high-output team
- Help define, build, and embody Cruise engineering culture and principles
- Invest in recruiting by working closely with recruiters, screening candidates, and identifying opportunities for external engagement to improve the Cruise engineering brand
What you must have:
- 4+ years experience managing teams who have shipped and support scalable production systems.
- Experience performing risk assessment and issue prioritization of complex systems
- Experience defining process automation and scaling strategies and driving its execution.
- Self motivated to lead your teams, encourage best practices, and constantly improve.
- BS or MS in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Mix of hands-on skills and management experience in mission-critical product development environments
- Strong cross functional communication, collaboration and stakeholder management
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and quickly becoming an expert in your domain
- Experience building test plans and test cases
- Experience building teams from the ground up.
- Experience with Python, SQL or reading C++.
- Experience root causing robotics failures
- Strong analytics background and able to drive data driven decisions
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We're Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We're Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We're Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won't just own your work here, you'll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.