About the role
Robinhood is looking for engineering managers to join our Product Engineering team, you will be leading, building and owning backend services and infrastructure that power our core financial products. You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial systems works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge. We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact roles at a relatively small company for our user base.
About our four Product Engineering Pillars
We have 4 pillars within Product Engineering: App Foundations, Brokerage, Core Product and Cash. Our mission is to continue raising the quality bar for Robinhood’s apps and set the bar for the entire financial industry. We focus on the core brokerage activities that support how our customers participate in the markets as well as own the end to end customer journey through Robinhood. Lastly, we continue to work toward expanding our products to help us serve customers at different stages of their financial journey.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- You’ll develop inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- You'll mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision.
- You’ll partner with peers in Product Management & Design to craft and evolve the team’s vision, mission, and strategy.
- Improve the quality of Robinhood’s products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement
- You’ll help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- You'll help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- You have 3+ years of experience serving in an engineering management role shipping customer-facing products.
- You have managed a fullstack team including mobile, web, and backend engineers.
- You are very organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid choices in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.