In this role, the Engineering Manager, Power Electronics Hardware Design will be primarily responsible staffing and managing a team of engineering specialists in electronics, specifically for use in power electronics applications. Will be expected to oversee the technical execution of their team and deliver to the project timeline and objectives. Will ensure that BorgWarner's electronics products are properly specified, designed and tested to meet customer performance requirements.
- Technical oversite of the power electronics electrical hardware design engineers, ECAD designers, electronics electrical engineers and the electrical controller design engineers within the power electronics / electronics team.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate efforts of the power electronics team to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Help deliver flawless design and launch/commercialization processes
- Manage and prioritize workload of the team and related outside resources. Maintain visibility of workload to engineering organization.
- Development of team including talent management system cycle processes
- Evaluate quality of work, responsiveness, and communication. Adjust as needed.
- Create standard work processes, and design templates & guidelines for power electronics / electronics products
- Assess and coordinate training according to company and employee growth needs
- Create and maintain power electronics product and technology roadmaps
- Communicate and enforce safe work procedures
- Identification and closure of safety issues (suggestions, inspection and investigation findings, hazards and controls, GSSF actions) and their corrective actions
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Minimum 8 years electronics engineering experience required with a minimum of 3 years specific to electronics hardware design
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Automotive experience strongly preferred
- Familiar with Mentor Graphics preferred
- Familiar with requirements gathering and management tools such as Doors
- Familiar with requirements compliance planning and testing (V Diagram fulfillment)
- Excellent people skills and history of teamwork
- Determines best techniques/procedure and applies for analysis, design, or experimental procedures
- Documents and shares best-practices
- Mentors the less experienced; role model for BW Beliefs
- Works under minimal supervision
- Willingness/ability to travel 10% both domestically and internationally.