TE Sensors Solutions is seeking an experienced, business minded leader to manage our high reliability potentiometer engineering team in Grass Valley, CA. Managing a $10M portfolio with strong market potential, the Engineering Manager, Potentiometer Position Sensors will work with product management, operations and other functions to develop roadmaps, drive key projects and initiatives with a goal of growing the business 2x the market. The ideal candidate must excel at setting expectations and communicating a vision for growth, motivating a small team of engineers to focus on what’s essential and driving results in a highly matrixed organization. This role will report to the Director, Position Sensors Engineering and will be expected to make an immediate impact.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Work with Director to establish and execute a strategy to grow high reliability potentiometer business
- Create technical roadmaps
- Work with the project managers on the Position Sensors team and the shared engineering organization to manage relevant metrics including program costs, time to launch, new product costs, product design quality and other key deliverables
- Actively engage internal and external stakeholders and customers to accelerate progress on strategy
- Identify and prioritize VA/VE programs to achieve targeted improvements and savings
- Strengthen capability and talent within the engineering team through coaching, development, talent movement and engagement efforts.
- 5+ years of development engineering management experience
- Demonstrated experience leading an engineering team through new product development
- Background in mechanical and/or electrical engineering required
- Strong communication and management skills required
- Ability to understand and analyze business and financial data as needed to effectively manage an engineering team
- Familiarity with Lean Development and Manufacturing principles
- AS9100 configuration management and product realization competence
- Understanding of risk management tools, i.e FMEA, Compliance Matrices, etc.
- Design analysis capability through FEA is desireable
- Prior Mil/Aero product development is desireable
- Prior sensors experience a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, international matrix organization