F5 Networks sits between the Internet and some of the largest companies on Earth. We keep their applications running fast, safe, and efficiently. F5’s hardware and software products are highly configurable and blazingly fast. The Platform Security team is charged with making sure our best in class products are built securely and security tested.
PlatSec is BIG-IP Engineering’s premier security organization and oversees security processes across F5 products including BIG-IP, NGINX, and Shape.
This position manages the activities of systems security, applications security, security testing and quality assurance functions for system enhancements and new products. Key responsibilities are to develop and manage people, provide technical leadership, lead project planning, facilitate communication, and offer product vision. Coordinates project timelines with Project and Development Managers, determines and obtains resources, assigns work, monitors progress and results, and provides technical leadership. This Manager is a champion for product quality and security within the department and is accountable for an assessment of product readiness and commitments on product delivery schedules. This manager would also need to support customers along with his management duties.
- Employee management including but not limited to sourcing, interviewing and hiring candidates for open positions, onboarding, establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), developing performance improvement plans, and taking disciplinary action.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Acts as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Ensures milestones are being met; monitor, track and make visible
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; provides input into budgeting.
- May meet with customers to communicate and review product features
- May communicate product roadmaps and project status to staff, senior management, and other product teams.
- Evaluates and reviews new technologies on their applicability to product architecture and design.
- Prioritizes product features resulting in the correct delivery of needed functionality.
- Coordinates with development service groups resulting in greater communication and higher probability of on time delivery of products.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and expertise in secure development methodologies, tools and process
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams
- Proven ability to deliver security solutions
- Demonstrated ability in mentoring and developing direct reports.
- Experience with security metrics and reporting
- Extensive experience with bug tracking and triage systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in all written communications.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other technical degree; or equivalent experience
- One or more security certifications desirable – CISSP, CSSLP, GSEC, Security+, CISM, CEH, OSCP
- 7+ years software development experience
- 0-3 years leading or managing a development team
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we embrace diversity.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.