Growing plastics extrusion manufacturer is looking to add an Engineering Manager to their team.
- Propose and assist to develop evolutionary and revolutionaryproduct processes and fabrication improvements.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to champion continuous improvement.
- Lead production efforts of associates in the extrusion area of responsibility.
- Work alongside manufacturing and the engineering team to develop and design tooling, production methods and processes that will result in the lowest cost, consistent way to productproducts.
- Assist management in evaluating cost improvement projects, manufacturing techniques, and automation methods.
- Implement Process Capability index, Statistical Process Control where appropriate and teach associates the basics of these techniques.
- Assist withtraining and championing new techniques on new equipment, processes and procedures.
You will collaboratewith or guide the activities of key production, engineering, material, and support staff. You will report to the Plant Engineering and Maintenance Manager and operate with considerable independence.
You Should Bring
- A history of consistently achieving key performance indicators and project timelines.
- Experience maximizing productivity by targeting and developing areas for process improvements.
- Experience researching and implementing world class process controls and downstream rollout.
- A desire to lead people and work effectively as part of a team.
- Dedication to consistently conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the company culture. We value people who focus on our customers, empower the team, deliver results, deal honestly and openly, take action, and exhibit uncompromising moral character and ethics.
We Need Your Experience to Include
- Four-year college degree (B.S.) in Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering, or Manufacturing Technology. Master?s degree (M.S. or M.B.A.) a plus.
- Engineering in the Chemical industry, rubber is a significant plus (at least 5years).
- Managing a team in a manufacturing (extrusion is a plus) or engineering environment. (3-5years)
- Experience or Certifications in a LEAN discipline. Kaizen/5S/Six Sigma highly desirable.
- Experience in manufacturing equipment, new technology including control technology.
You Should Know How to
- Deliver results; be data and metrics driven.
- Cooperate with teammates throughout the organization, influence others, and gain the support needed to make improvements and move in a positive direction.
- Innovate and implement change.
- Prioritize high-value tasks and focus when results are significant to the team's success.
- Read and interpret technical documents, drawings, catalogs, data sheets and vendor quotes.
- Communicate, present, and persuade upper management.
- Understanding the Spanish language is a plus.
- Operate an extrusion line or the theory of an extrusion line.
Your Personal Attributes Should Include
- Drive and dedication to success while maintaining integrity.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Superior listening and conversational abilities.