Job DescriptionAble Engineering -- Able is a multi-disciplinary corporate facilities support organization, for Fortune 500 customers throughout North America. Our assignments range from large multi-tenant office buildings to single-user mid and high-rise corporate headquarters and administrative office facilities. We also serve corporate and university campuses, data centers, high-tech and bio-tech research, medical, manufacturing and warehousing facilities.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the overall implementation of Able Engineering Services' policies and procedures, engineering standards and safety programs in his/her assigned portfolio of buildings. In addition, each manager will support and back-up all managers within his/her region with all accounts. In some cases, this support and responsibility will be extended nationally. The Engineering Manager manages human resources within a portfolio with emphasis on minimizing liability and risk exposure. Further, the Engineering Manager will support client requests and manage client expectations.
The Engineering Manager will provide support and collaborate with sales and marketing objectives/efforts for the organization. This may include but is not limited to: maintaining current client relationships, improving portfolio relationships and marketing new clients.
REPRESENTATIVE FUNCTIONS OR DUTIES:
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the local workforce to include the following:
- Responsible for locations across New Jersey & Pennsylvania.
- Direct Able Engineering Services' employees in the following:
- Mechanical operations
- Facilitate Administrative and Payroll for Site
- Implement client objectives
- Implement energy initiatives
- Ensure consistent reporting
- Ensure Able Engineering Services' operational standards are implemented
- Ensure Able Engineering Services' safety programs are implemented
- Recruitment and replacement of employees.
- Training - safety, procedural and technical for area employees.
- Provide supervision over company directed QA program.
- Provide supervision over company directed safety program.
- Auditing/benchmarking of job sites and employee processes.
- Develop and implement company and job site standards.
- Oversee scheduling of job site supervisors and employees.
- Facilitate accurate AES billing and accounting.
- Facilitate the development of budgets as required.
- Assist in the development of new business to include participation in marketing, sales and local BOMA/IFMA events.
- Review, support and comment on monthly chief engineer reports.
- Review and comment on facility energy use.
- Assist in the management of overtime and client overtime expectations.
- Provide leadership to Able Engineering Services' employees.
- Facilitate career growth and opportunities to all employees.
- Ability to work with and understand union contracts.
- Ability to work with and understand non-union employment rules.
- Assist regional director of engineering in implementation of corporate and/or regional initiatives, procedures and training.
- Approve purchases within guidelines and process POs and invoices.
SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- BA or 2-year Associates degree preferred, trade school certificate emphasizing HVAC, electrical, plumbing, life safety and building control systems accepted.
- 5-8 years facility operations experience in modern office building.
- Strong employee and tenant relations skills, including leadership, supervisory and training skills.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- Highest level relevant state/local license for stationary engineer and/or HVAC, plus universal level refrigerant recovery license. BOMA accredited courses or college courses desired
- Strong PC skills and building automation systems experience.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal training preferred. To be considered candidates
- Manager Level: Facility Chiller Plant Operations Contractor Management Repair and Maintenance (R&M) Capital planning and expenditures Mechanical Operations Tenant Improvement (TI) Full tenet build-outs and renovations Commercial Office Building-NOT residential Able is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to develop, understand and work within a budget.
- Strong ability to work with e-mail, preferably MS Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and manage client expectations.
- Ability to be flexible with scheduling.
- 10+ years of facilities operational experience required.
- 5+ years of experience managing engineering staff. This includes strong employee relation skills, leadership skills, coaching skills and training skills.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills required.
- Computer skills including spreadsheets, e-mail, and work processing experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of safety and environmental certifications required.
- Strong working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal training preferred.