Pentair is currently seeking an Engineering Manager to support our Engineering team. The Engineering Manager plans and directs all aspects engineering activities within the Ashland location. This role is responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing the design and development of new products and the value engineering of existing products. The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading the sustaining engineering team for all manufactured products, and provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. In addition, the Engineering Manager resolves issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. This role reports to the Director of Engineering for the Pentair Water Technologies segment. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- New Product Development:
- Support the strategic planning process for R&D projects, current technological capabilities, and future technology applications.
- Lead and develop a local team capable of project leadership, project execution, technical leadership, and cross-functional cooperation.
- Partner with Product Management to execute our product development process (3D) at best-practice levels and contribute to continuously improve 3D.
- Drive on-time 3D product launches in coordination with Product Management, Sales, and Marketing.
- Apply Value Engineering principles both before launch and throughout project life to give Sales the ability to retain the business at or above desired profit levels.
- Interface with VE team to support material cost reduction, and drive major refresh efforts where agreed
- SustainingEngineering/ Operations Support:
- Lead sustaining engineering team focused on continuously improving and supporting our current and future product offering.
- Provide on-site supervision and support to test lab group and provide engineering support required for all test lab activities, 3rd party agency listing activities, and quality control activities.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of test lab facilities.
- Maintain and support the engineering data and processes required for business management tools such as ePDM, SAP, PCO Process, CAD tools, SAP part number and bill of material data, Encompass 2.0, etc.
- Participate in talent development activities, succession planning, talent risk mitigation, and performance management for the local team.
- Maintain local budgetary control for the engineering function.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Maintain and monitor the team’s capacity levels and resource needs. Utilize performance metrics for all areas of direct responsibility to maintain alignment of team performance and company goals.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or ElectricalEngineering discipline with 7+years of experience and 4+ years of managerial experience in centrifugal pumps, industrial equipment, or controls.
- 5 years of progressive and relevant engineeringleadership experience in manufacturing.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively in a cross functional environment with otherengineers, customers, vendors, sales and marketing, and shop personnel.
- Knowledge of variable frequency drives, control systems, sensors, PLC programming, and motors.
- Knowledge of machine tolerances and fits, manufacturing processes, and laboratory testing.