We are looking for a hands-on manager who can help us manage and provide technical mentorship to a team of engineers who are excited and passionate about projects like the ones described above. We are passionate about rapid development, continuous testing, and constant improvement as a product and as a team.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Direct and manage engineering teams in an agile environment
- Develop and mentor upcoming leaders and key engineers
- Assess project requirements, resources, milestones and specific deliverables
- Oversee daily activities of team and provide direction and guidance as needed
- Work closely with Product Management to ensure alignment and on time delivery
- Assess, minimize and mitigate potential risks
- Collaborate on key architectural decisions and design considerations to ensure high quality, scalability and resiliency
- Champion and drive our software development lifecycle.
- Support the development of high-quality code that complies with design specifications and meets development and support requirements.
- Actively partner with the recruiting team on candidate pipelines, interviewing, hiring.
Qualifications (what you have):
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience with progressively increasing responsibilities. Managed or been a lead of teams of 5-8 engineers or more for at least 1-2 years.
- Proven experience in a fast paced, high volume product development environment
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and innovate, excellent team building and leadership skills
- Demonstrated capability in working with cross-functional teams and promote a collaborative, results-focused environment with immediate team members and internal partners.
- Passion for managing people and being responsible for the hiring of new developers and pro-actively leading their career development.