PPI is looking for a skilled Engineering Manager to grow with our business. Do you like to drive efficiency, see and implement the big picture and have a background in Product and R & D? Do you want to have the opportunity to leave your mark in our new Food Division? If so, we would like to speak with you regarding our key opening. If you would like a confidential interview, please reach out to LJohnston@ppi-global.com.
Engineering Manager will be responsible for the development, design, improvement and maintenance of all new and existing products.
Skill and Competencies
- Kaizen/Lean/CI background
- Driving efficiency
- Ability to see and implement the big picture
- Experience with electro-mechanical machine design
- Willing to learn
- Great communicator
- Understanding of Solid Works
- Win as a team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage development, electro-mechanical machine design, planning and introduction of new products which meet product specifications and cost criteria.
- Ensure structural integrity of new and existing products.
- Maintain and improve present products.
- Recommend methods, materials and layouts for improvement based on manufacturing needs and capabilities.
- Provide engineering expertise to areas of tooling, prints, specifications, product maintenance, product materials, raw materials and purchased components throughout the organization.
- Establish, maintain and improve engineering systems.
- Provide industry expertise to customers to ensure proper design, problem resolution and evaluation of customer’s products as a value-added service.
- Lead technical matters such as patent processes, product warranties and industry standards.
- Support Sales department efforts with technical information and presentations.
- Build, develop and manage engineering team capable of carrying out all needed engineering and engineering support initiatives.
- Establish and manage engineering department goals, objectives, staffing and budgets.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
- Continually participate in additional training related to the job.
- Perform extra assignments in other areas and related task assignments in the work area.
Education and/or Experience
Mechanical Engineeringbachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year accredited college or university; or six to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Training, Certifications, Licenses
Proficient in Microsoft Office products