The Engineer Manager will develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls. Coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Support daily management activities to ensure commitments are achieved and communicated to the customer support teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls by utilizing Lean practitioner manufacturing.
- Collaborates with quality control regarding product tooling, gauging and design to ensure effectual production methods necessary to achieve zero defect, low product cost and standard work.
- Estimates resource requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, fixtures, functional gauges, machinery and other equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Works closely with manufacturing departments to develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for employees.
- Ensures the engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together cohesively.
- Responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Provides engineering support to the production department to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Assists in Root Cause Analysis for non-conformances and Corrective Actions.
- Assists in providing data-driven solutions for process improvement.
- Assists in IQ/OQ/PQ Validations.
- Assists / leads projects for Lean Initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by Management as deemed appropriate.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year University; preferably in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent degree
- Ten years related experience in a CNC machine manufacturing environment;
- Ten years of Engineers supervisory experience
- Ability to develop CNC programs required.
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment required.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and GD&T required.
- Lean project experience in cost reduction / process optimization.
- Secondary process experience (welding, polishing, electro-polish, passivation, assembly) desired.
- Proficient in fixture development and tooling optimization.
- Minimal travel requirements.
- Well lighted, heated/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
- Ability to maneuver throughout the facility/facilities as needed.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers.
- Ability to wear proper PPE.