Responsibility for engineering function, continuous improvement, energy and utility management. Requirements - Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Safety Management, PID, CAD, Ability to handle multiple projects small to medium sized. Establish and sustain strong relationships with machine & equipment suppliers, engineering service providers, engineering & energy consultants. Support all activities related to procurement of spare parts, engineering store and inventory of parts. Negotiate or supervise the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors. He/she will work towards developing detailed execution plans for projects and execute the plans within budgets by organizing and controlling project elements to ensure Right First Time (RFT).
In this role, He/she will work under the directions of Olam Spices Global engineering head.
Other Skills- Planning and implementing the lean manufacturing/5S schedules for improving on time delivery, quality and production. Plan for productivity improvement, waste elimination, process reengineering, and technology absorption. Execute energy Optimization and Management, cost saving techniques/measures to achieve reduction in expenditures and working in budget.
This position has the option to be located at one of our three manufacturing facilities based in Lemoore, CA, Gilroy, CA or Firebaugh, CA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Study current machines, utility designs, layout and find opportunities for process, engineering improvements.
- Work with operations team to find out and implement continuous improvement initiatives through various projects.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans in agreement with stakeholders.
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, requirements, and performance standards; reviews quote from contractors, prepares cost estimates and Capex proposals.
- Identify project phases and elements; Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculate time requirements by sequencing the project elements
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions and maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Participate in internal, external customer/contractor meetings and resolves project issues. Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Control project costs by monitoring expenditures and maintains project data base on computer / MS Projects; entering and backing up data.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with Regulatory/Statutory regulations.
- Confirm project performance by conducting tests/trials of installed machinery and implement policies, procedures and systems for capex management as defined by Olam Spices and Global Engineering function.
- Contribute to sustainable development initiatives and carry out site inspections and energy surveys. Benchmarking energy consumptions against best practice guidelines;
- Monitor energy consumption and maintain accurate records to carry out energy data analysis and identify improvement opportunities;
- Establish and complying to engineering KPIs, benchmark against best in class to validate performance and improvements in engineering practices.
- Remain abreast of current legislation and ensure corporate compliance; Understanding of AB-32 reporting and Cap & Trade policies in California.
- Develop and deliver operations & technical training and engineering training, of critical machines and equipment;
- Has a strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Constructive questioning: good at identifying all the necessary criteria.
- Sound engineering knowledge and experience to enable effective appreciation of the internal & external customers' requirements of food processing industry.
- Is cost-conscious and able to critically analyses new and existing designs to generate cost reductions
- Good at building rapport with stakeholders to achieve a closer working relationship and openness.
- Is an effective leader and facilitator within a team with the ability to influence and manage other internal customers and external suppliers/contractors to ensure the timely success of the project.
- Has good communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical disciplines, production personnel and executives, both internal and external.
- Has the ability to develop innovative and practical design solutions to technical problems.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in engineering. Requires 10+ years of plant engineering or corporate engineering experience in food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry with excellent knowledge of food safety and hygiene requirements for food plants.
- Experience of project planning, equipment planning, estimations, execution and Commissioning protocols.
- Experience of managing projects in Foods, pharmaceutical or chemical processing plants
- Demonstrated current knowledge of environmental and sustainability initiatives for food business and experience implementing innovative solutions.
- Should have good working knowledge of regulatory, legislative and business environment and has excellent business analysis skills used to create compelling business cases.