Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking an Engineering Supervisor to join our Engineering Department and contribute to New Product Development initiatives. This position is based out of our facility in Brookfield, WI (although Hanover Park, IL can be an alternative location for this position). Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports Sales/Marketing programs and Manufacturing efforts across multiple sites.
- Provides direction/leadership to cross-functional teams, including Engineers (design, quality, manufacturing), Designers, and Administrative Staff regarding product development activities.
- Interfaces regularly with Laboratory Technicians, Model Makers, and Service Technicians to ensure that plans & programs are being completed in a timely manner.
- Leads activities in new product design; redesign and cost-reduction of existing products may also be assigned, as needed.
- Provides direction, assistance, and leadership to cross-functional team members.
- Directly leads and supports Engineering projects from concept through production.
- Interfaces with Product Management, R&D, Engineering, Test Lab, Model Shop, Quality, and Operations to ensure timely production implementation of projects.
- Provides technical assistance and support to customer inquiries.
- Maintains costs and project-related budgets.
- Support and maintain nondiscriminatory practices in accordance with the Division Affirmative Action Program.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties and/or work on long?term projects, as assigned by the Director of Engineering and/or the VP of Technology/Innovation.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering-oriented field of study is required; concentrated studies in Mechanical Engineer (e.g. BSME) and/or Chemical Engineering is a plus.
- 5 years of professional experience in Engineering, New Product Development, and/or Research & Development [R&D].
- Recent experience working with the development of consumer goods products in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred; experience working with the development of residential water technology products is a huge plus.
- CWS certification and/or P.E. License are not required, but would be considered favorably.
- Ability to use relevant technical tools is expected; experience working with SolidWorks CAD is strongly preferred (additional experience with JDE ERP and MS-Office is a plus).
- Team Player attitude is expected; demonstrated leadership aptitude with experience managing people and/or projects in a technical environment is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to take a concept to production (on-time and on-budget) is preferred.
- Experience with managing project timelines and new product development via a toll-gate method is preferred; this person must be able to strive for excellence while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with a variety of components, such as Mechanical (e.g. castings, gears, plastic injection molding design/processes, blow molding, extrusion, plastic joining/assembly, metal stamping, pressure vessel design, static/dynamic seals, fixturing/gauging, etc.), Electrical / Electronic (e.g. hardware, software, firmware, etc.) , rapid prototyping processes, assembly processes, and/or packaging/graphics is a plus.
- Experience with water treatment systems (including filtration, filtration media, reverse osmosis, mechanisms/valves, and/or water chemistry) a plus.
- Previous interaction with outside agencies (e.g. UL, NSF, WQA, etc.) is preferred.
- Basic understanding of Intellectual Property law (especially patents/claims/searches) is a plus.
- Able to work globally with engineering staff in numerous remote locations while respecting & understanding differing cultures; previous experience working in global teams is a plus.
- Fluency in the English language is expected; proficiency in Spanish and/or Mandarin Chinese is a plus.
- High level of personal enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Drives for results
- Willingness to take initiative
- Inspires trust and open communication
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing.
- Formal presentation skills
- Solid command of basic business principles and engineering principles
- Sense of urgency and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Engages, inspires, and motivates
- Influences others
Physical & Mental Demands
Walking, standing, bending, lifting up to 40lbs, use of a computer, type and must be able to speak English. Some travel, both domestic and international, required to support new product development activities, approximately 20%.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.