We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Founded in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
As an Engineering Manager on the Internal Products team, you'll get to develop the products that empower our Support and Operations teams. Through your leadership and technical expertise, your team of engineers will build products that power Mothership's logistics platform.
The ideal candidate for this role has recent hands-on experience leading a team of engineers in planning, developing, and iterating on highly interactive and data-rich products for operations teams. We're looking for an engineer who our passion for delightfully intuitive, real-time software products. Our team works in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, so great communication and interpersonal skills with a willingness to take risks and push boundaries are a must.
What you'll get to do
- Grow and lead a powerful team of talented engineers in building modern technologies
- Collaborate with senior leadership, product managers, and engineering teams across Mothership to develop the strategy for your team
- Architect modern solutions to the challenges of interacting with legacy systems
- Create powerful interfaces that intuitively streamline and accelerate tasks
- Build for scalability, as we rapidly expand our team, network of carriers, and partners
- Implement features that surface control of our sophisticated freight management system to the hands of our teams
- Mentor and champion engineers and take ownership of the products we build
What success looks like in this role
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years overall experience, 3 years in a leadership position
- Leadership experience in a role at a well-established organization or a high-growth company
- Technical capacity to partner with cross-functional tech leads and comfortable being hands-on in all areas of the product stack (frontend, backend, data)
- Significant experience developing complex interactive software products
- Ability to rapidly iterate on product features and enjoy working in an environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Significant experience developing software incrementally with continuous development and deployment
- Experience developing highly interactive event-based applications using pub/sub-technologies
- Strong product mindset with the desire to build next-generation user experiences
- Ability to architect simple, modular, and scalable solutions in microservice environments
- Experience working in a fast-paced and execution-focused environment
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both professionals and non-specialists
- Strong, recent hands-on experience with NodeJS, TypeScript, and GraphQL
- Familiarity with real-time pub/sub-services such as Kafka is a plus
Technologies we're working with
Benefits & Perks
- Highly competitive salary and the opportunity to earn employee stock options
- Full health, dental and vision insurance coverage (PPO)
- 401k (4% matching)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Equipped with the latest technology
- Remote workplace stipend
Culture at Mothership
We're an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The environment is upbeat and supportive because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you'd be a great addition to, let's chat.