* Lead design, improvement and development of manufacturing processes employing six sigma and lean methodologies. Define, develop and implement manufacturing process best practices and standard operating procedures.
* Overall coordination of plant property and equipment maintenance.
* Drive improvements in efficiency, first pass yield and quality through OEE, TPM, and PM processes implementing autonomous maintenance throughout the manufacturing process.
* Build the plant maintenance and engineering organization through training and development of staff and team members, creating opportunity for growth within the organization.
* Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivate team members and act as a leader and teacher of AWC cultural imperatives and vision.
* Lead kaizen events and six sigma projects as appropriate.
* Establish goals for team members in alignment with overall organizational goals and perform reviews to determine progress.
* Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
* Provide project management leadership and strategic planning which supports flawless execution.
* Specify, develop, validate and install new equipment and tooling as necessary to support plant vision and initiatives in lean and quality.
* Manage budget for R&M, T&SS, capital projects, and write and manage AFE process for plant.
* Overall responsibility for compliance with all State and Federal environmental regulations.
* Plan and coordinate department's activities to support SQDC targets and meet or exceed client and or customer demands.
* Participate in identifying hiring needs, employee selection and training process.
* Perform other tasks as directed by supervisor.
Will supervise hourly and salaried employees in the assigned department and /or departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Education, Experience and Skills:
* Undergraduate Degree in Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical engineering discipline. Graduate degree in engineering or MBA preferred.
* Minimum of eight years of manufacturing engineering experience: wood related preferred.
* Lean certification and experience required
* Six sigma experience and BB certification preferred
* Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment.
* Auto-Cad light proficient
* Track record of successful project management
* Experience in working in a team environment
* Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles
* Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills
* Demonstrated problem solving skills