WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box has best-in-class mobile applications transforming a traditional workforce to be truly mobile. That's where you come in! As the Manager of the Mobile Experiences team team, you'll lead a tight-knit scrum team crafting compelling mobile experiences on top of our mature SDKs. The team is responsible for the delivery of all the flagship apps for Box including both iOS (4.8/5 App Store rating) and Android (4.6/5 Play Store rating). You will be a hands-on technical leader who drives the execution and delivery of major features designed to accelerate engagement and growth across our diverse user and enterprise base.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will lead the team and drive the execution for core features built in all the Box flagship mobile apps
- Help your team improve their agile execution, software development processes, and test automation capabilities and skills
- Develop a deep understanding of Box's long-term business goals and tie in your teams' objectives & key results
- Be a trusted and influential voice beyond your team, communicating effectively with peer engineering groups as well as multi-functional peers in Product, QA/QE, and UI/UX Design
- Create a diverse and inclusive team while fostering team culture aligning and enhancing Box cultural values
- Make significant strides toward the next step in your career and your team members' careers
- Help hiring a diverse team as we grow the team actively
- Have lots of exposure to the executive leadership team and learn from them
- Have fun while delivering incredible experiences for Box users and wonder why you didn't join Box much earlier :)
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 2+ years of direct engineering management experience leading successful and highly-engaged teams
- You have 3+ years of direct experience in building and shipping mobile applications
- You have a strong technical capability and ability to understand application architecture and best-practices for mobile development
- You have high integrity with a team-focused approach with skills to build tight-knit relationships across Engineering, Product Management, and Customer Success
- You possess good organizational, planning, and analytical skills
- You believe in well-designed solutions that translate user feedback and behavioral data into new requirements for continual improvement
- You are strong at problem solving and have strong people management skills
- You have strong end-user empathy and a customer focus
- You posses an entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning