Quadion LLC/ Minnesota Rubber and Plastics is a global designer and developer of precision molded plastic, silicone and rubber components, assemblies and finished products for the Medical, Transportation and Fluid Delivery markets. Since 1945, we have built a world-wide reputation in the molding and assembly of products made from elastomers and thermoplastics. Our reputation is founded on our unique science-based approach that has made us the preferred manufacturing partner for industry leaders in North America, Europe and Asia.
Our world headquarters is located in Plymouth, Minnesota with manufacturing operations in Litchfield, Minnesota, Mason City, Iowa, River Falls, Wisconsin, Reynosa, Mexico and Suzhou, China.
Manage Engineering teams to provide capable tooling, prototype and production processes in support of New Product Development and on going production.
- Manage Engineering Team and provide technical and strategic direction to insure the correct tooling is selected, designed and built to insure capable production processes to operations.
- Manage Prototype Team to troubleshoot and develop prototype processes and to identify potential issues, which need to be addressed prior to production process design.
- Develop and maintain a Prototype Strategy to support customer needs, improve Company capabilities and to grow new business.
- Work with Supply Chain to manage the Tool Vendor supply base to insure vendors are capable of meeting tool specifications and tools are delivered within agreed upon lead times.
- Manage Tool Revision integrity and change management process to insure Tool Designs match Tooling in manufacturing.
- Lead proactive tool life management and replacement process to insure capable tooling is available and tool quality meets Company standards.
- Travel to manufacturing facilities on an as needed basis, up to 30% of the time.
- Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
Relationship to Others
Reports to Sr Director of Engineering. Frequent interaction with New Product Development Teams at HQ and in the facilities. Works closely with vendors to insure capabilities meet Company needs. Supports global operations.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering - Preferably Mechanical or equivalent experience
- 10 years rubber and/or plastics molding and Engineering leadership in New Product Development or manufacturing support.
- Medical, dental, and disability benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA and HSA programs
- Team shares/bonus/incentive opportunity
- Paid Time Off
- Reward and recognition programs
- Training and development
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)