What is the Engineering Manager role?
We are seeking an experienced engineering manager with a strong interest in healthcare who still wants to stay involved in writing production quality software. You will work with our growing team of engineers, providing technical mentorship, career guidance, and will help define the future of our products. Your work will support the delivery of a cutting edge care model, helping to improve clinical outcomes in a dramatically underserved population.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exceptional company that is transforming how we diagnose and treat brain disorders affecting hundreds of millions of people globally by applying cutting edge machine learning techniques.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing a small to medium sized team of engineers and working alongside them to define and advance our project goals
- Shape the development of a culture focused on testing, scalability, maintainability, safety, and security in a clinically focused environment.
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies or services to maximize development efficiency
Who you are:
- You have a very strong desire to positively impact the lives of millions of people
Your background and skills:
- Significant managerial experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with key stakeholders outside of the engineering organization; has a proactive nature to resolve issues
- Strong architectural and deep technical knowledge in backend microservice development (in Typescript/Node.js and/or Java/Spring/Spring Boot), service design patterns, multithreading, scalability, performance, messaging, and cloud technologies
- Able to provide technical leadership to moderately sized engineering teams, create technical designs, and facilitate slicing and sizing of new features and functionality
- Proven track record of delivering on tight schedule
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, code review, test-driven development, and other engineering best practices
- Experienced with MongoDB, nosql technologies
- Docker experience a plus
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Deep experience developing and supporting production code
- S. in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- 6+ years of full-stack software engineering experience developing user-facing features and systems
- 3+ years of engineering management experience