Medtronic Tempe Campus, in Arizona, is looking for an Engineering Maintenance Manager for our Advanced Packaging Facility (APF) production areas. This position will support the Medtronic Mission for unsurpassed quality and reliability in our medical devices by providing leadership for the health and performance of all the manufacturing process tools used in our manufacturing areas. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the patients we serve and an unrelenting desire to improve our business and products.
If you have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, knowledge of best practices to guide a team on issues related to the design, process development, operations support, and deployment of mission-critical components, this job may be for you.
A Day in the Life
In this position, you will lead a team in support of medical device components developed and manufactured to exceed customer expectations. You will act as an influential manager within an organization with a team of skilled engineers and technicians in a development and manufacturing setting providing strong cross functional leadership to realize new products, support existing products, manage talent, drive Design for Reliability and Manufacturing (DRM), and productivity.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Setting clear objectives, evaluating progress against objectives, and instilling performance-oriented culture with a focus on accountability.
- Providing resource allocation guidance to the technician team through analysis of current and future workload and skill availability.
- Assuring the integration of DRM into engineering projects through coaching, training and practice.
- Emphasizing a proactive approach to achieve optimal manufacturing targets for high volume production.
- Ensuring group technologies are employed in manufacturing.
- Actively participating in strategic planning to assure alignment with strategic business direction and review voice of the customer data.
- Ensuring functional standards and procedures are followed.
- Developing automated tools to observe the health and performance of the tool suite we own.
- Supporting operations on responsibility areas and creating metrics that drive continuous improvement.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Nice to Have
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline (EE, ME, Applied Engineering/Science, or other engineering/scientific discipline)
- Advanced degree preferred (MS, MBA)
- 5+ years with product development and/or manufacturing experience.
- 2+ years with project leadership or people management.
- Demonstrated record of developing and implementing broad improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to influence across an organization.
- Expert proficiency in one or more of the following: automated equipment development, laser welding, mechanical pumping systems.
- Experience in functional/project management of technical talent in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical pumping systems
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization and positively influence strategies and outcomes.
- Experience and working knowledge of FDA regulations/ISO standards for medical devices