Job Id: 426
Come join the Farnsworth Group team and find out why our employees earned us the Great Place to Work certification! Farnsworth Group is a full-service engineering and architecture firm with offices and employment opportunities located throughout a nationwide network of offices. With a rich 125-year history, we are an employee-owned company that offers an impressive benefits and compensation program, in addition to excellent career development opportunities. We are always looking for exceptional and talented employees who are passionate about their craft and the solutions we provide to our clients. Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work! We have the following position available: Engineering Manager – Mechanical Building Systems
Normal, Illinois (open to our Peoria, IL or Champaign, IL office locations) This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineering manager to work with a highly successful organization. We have an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineering Manager in Central Illinois. The position entails business development and marketing efforts, supporting and scheduling of staff, handling day-to-day operations and other responsibilities related to managing a Mechanical Engineering Department.
Engineering Management Responsibilities include:
• Staff and resource management
• Staff mentorship and development
• Technical quality control
• Marketing and proposal development
• Establishing and maintaining budgets
• Working within our project accounting system
• Execution of projects from inception through completion
• Collaborating with other discipline teams in the organization as required
• Coordinating multiple disciplines on local or national projects
• Participation in local events and attendance of periodic evening meetings
• Overnight travel required to support projects and management duties Specific Requirements include:
• BS in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
• Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois or able to obtain
• 15-20 years of mechanical design experience
• Proven leadership skills with minimum of 5 years of engineering staff leadership experience
• Diversified project experience
• Familiar with broad range of building related MEP systems
• Thorough knowledge of building codes.
• Previous LEED® and/or sustainable design project experience
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
• Strong team player in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Ability to effectively manage clients
• Ability to effectively participate and lead marketing activities.
• Basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Proficient with SpecLink-E and/or MasterSpec
• Familiarity with Deltek Vision Database or similar
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
• Medical/Dental Plans
• Prescription Drug Program
• Vision Plan
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Flexible Spending Account
• Time-off Benefits
• Tuition Reimbursement