Leggett & Platt Aerospace is seeking a Sales & Engineering Manager for our Pegasus location in Middletown, Connecticut. Founded in 1989, Pegasus is recognized as the world leader of fabricated tube and pipe assemblies, with supporting component machining for the aerospace, power generation, ship and submarine building and other hi-tech industries. As part of a global S&P 500 company, Pegasus’ growth continues at a rapid pace. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the engineering process, including a team of manufacturing engineers. You will have the opportunity to oversee the technical direction of manufacturing engineers, while functioning as a technical specialist formulating and developing advance engineering concepts, techniques and standards.
What you will be doing:
- Filter sales opportunities from field salesforce to ensure all requirements needed to quote are supplied and, if not, act as primary internal contact to resolve until all requirements needed to quote are present
- Interrogate customer CAD models and drawings for full understanding of scope of customer RFQ
- Review and as needed establish methodologies and processes for pricing proposals, including challenging proposed manufacturing methods to ensure providing most competitive cost and/or developing Should Costs for target comparison
- Prepare submittal of and follow up of proposals, including any required written management presentations and/or in person presentations to customers & stakeholders which may require travel
- Ensure that engineered methods are clearly communicated to the rest of the Organization and work with cross-functional team to develop and optimize a New Product Introduction (NPI) process as well as a Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
- Monitor and manage quote load as well as required metrics & internal presentations to ensure planned growth is being achieved
- Manage, plan and direct sales & engineering staff, including training and performance evaluations
- Work with Branch President & Controller to prepare sales strategy & plans to achieve
We’re looking for someone with:
- At least 10 years of prior experience with engineered product manufacturing, including experience developing or working with the sales & engineering responsibility of a robust New Production Introduction and/or Sales & Operations Planning process.
- Experience in aerospace industry with related products and current range of customers; including airframe OEM’s, sub tiers, and distributors.
- In-depth experience with Cost Estimating and Should Cost.
- Experience with bending, forming, brazing and/or welding of aerospace alloys (SS, Ti, Ni & AL).
- Proficiency in the quoting process and new product development with component validations.
- Experience with the following 3D CAD systems: CATIA, Solidworks, or Unigraphics/NX.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including experience presenting to customers.
- Skills in business systems related to relevant industrial products.
- A genuine belief in continuous improvement and disciplined processes. Willingness to analyze, challenge and change processes, if needed, to create a more efficient environment and culture.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self starter with ability to multi-task and prioritize work day/projects independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Reasons you’ll love it here: Our company culture reflects values like integrity, ownership, and authenticity. We take these to heart, and if you do as well, you’ll fit right in.