LaBella Associates was established in 1978 and is a certified Great Place To Work. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY with offices across New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Alabama, and Madrid, Spain. LaBella is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust. We provide services that take a project from start to finish—from an initial study to determine a project’s feasibility to construction administration and start up, and everything in between.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to lead the engineering team in our Albany, NY office. Project work will involve clients in multiple Market Sectors. This position will report to the Buildings Engineering Division Director.
- Work closely with mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering staff to develop concepts, strategies, construction documents and engineering reports for new building renovation projects.
- Assist the energy group in conducting Energy Audits for Municipal, Commercial, and Industrial Clients.
- Recognize energy reduction potential in buildings thought the use of high efficiency equipment.
- Mentoring, guidance and performance appraisal for the engineering team.
- Participate in Business Development efforts for the region.
- Proposal writing to initiate new business.
- Maintain client relationships.
- Monitor Quality Control/Quality Assurance of work product.
- Work with Commissioning Teams as necessary to provide reinforcement to this market focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 8 – 10 years engineering experience with a professional A/E services firm.
- Strong writing, organizational and communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, and multi-task efficiently.
- New York State Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Experience in the Energy Sector is a plus.